axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Revamped WSDL2Java framework
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:40:21 GMT
Great job Russell.

Here are some points that I think are worth considering.

1) The WSDL2 parser may be used for more than a front-end of an emitter.
In fact, I have a "query" tool that uses the current WSDL2Java front-end
to load and process the wsdl and the "back end writers" build up
information that I can query via API.  You could also think of the runtime
that uses the WSDL2 parser front-end to do auto-deployment of artifacts
(i.e. type mappings) on the back-end.  In these cases the term "Writer" is
a misnomer, since nothing is written.  Could we decide on a different name
?

2) Also please consider the apparent one-to-one relationship between
Writers and files.  For a C++ back-end, it may be proper to have the
backend generate all the type implementations into a single cpp file.  Or
perhaps the writer is invoked with a output .h and .cpp file ?  Right now
the JavaWriter accepts a bunch of parameters associated with the file
name.  Perhaps all of the file specific information should be removed from
the constructor, and instead the constructor should receive a PrintWriter
(which could be a new PrintWriter or shared with other Writers).

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS