axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Problem always using portType name for SEI
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 18:23:15 GMT
Tom, on the chat today we discussed always using the portType name for the
SEI UNLESS there was a conflict.  This won't work.  There may be a conflict
that we don't know about.  Here's an example that I don't think is too
outlandish.

pt.wsdl
-------------
<portType name="pt".../>

b1.wsdl
----------------
<binding name="b1" portType="pt" ... wrapped doc/lit .../>

b2.wsdl
<binding name="b2" portType="pt" ... rpc/encoding .../>

Now say WSDL2Java is run, first, on b2.wsdl.  Then is run a second time on
b2.wsdl.  The 2nd run doesn't know anything about the first run, so it is
not aware of the conflict.  So it will overwrite pt.java with a new pt.java
that isn't usable by the b1 stubs.

So we must ALWAYS name the SEI after the binding if it is wrapped.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com