axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Purpose of SAX event recorders
Date Tue, 14 May 2002 16:09:12 GMT
But the multi-ref processing in encoding uses a fixups HashMap and other
means to take care of this problem.
I don't see any use of the SAX event recorders in the multi-ref
processing.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS
05/14/2002 09:24 AM
Please respond to axis-dev

        To:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Purpose of SAX event recorders

Glyn Normington wrote:

> Does anyone understand the purpose of using SAX event recorders in the
Axis
> deserialization components?
>
> I guess it's something to do with optimising serialization of the parse
> tree, but it's not immediately obvious from the code :-). It would save
me
> some reverse-engineering effort if someone could describe the design in
> paragraph or two. I promise to put any succinct design principles in the
> Architecture Guide for posterity.

With multi-ref in SOAP, there are times when you encounter data that you
don't know how to deserialize.  As this data is coming in off a stream,
there needs to be a place to "park" it until enough context is present.

- Sam Ruby