axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Richard Sitze" <rsi...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AXIS Test Restructuring
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 03:22:17 GMT
While we are restructing the tests, could we move the directories named
'samples' and 'test' down into some subdirectory?

These are 'root' package names (i.e.  samples.echo.TestClient.java   and
test.soap.PackageTest.java).  The java source is all down a level, under
'src'.

The reason is that some of the new tooling I'm using (eclipse, it's pretty
cool!) doesn't like source paths within source paths:

   xml-axis/java   is the source path to the test & samples packages, while
   xml-axis/java/src   is the source path to the axis code base.

This is easily alleviated, and reasonably so, by either:

1.  moving test & samples under 'src', OR

2.  by some new directories:

   xml-axis/java/src/org.apache...
   xml-axis/java/samplesrc/samples.packages...
   xml-axis/java/testsrc/tests.packages...

Richard A. Sitze            rsitze@us.ibm.com
CORBA Interoperability & WebServices
IBM WebSphere Development