axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Revamped WSDL2Java framework
Date Wed, 08 May 2002 13:57:30 GMT
Oops!  There is a bad file in that zip I just sent.  Replace
JavaGeneratorFactory.java with this one:  (See attached file:
JavaGeneratorFactory.java).

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Russell Butek/Austin/IBM@IBMUS on 05/08/2002 08:38:47 AM

To:    axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    RE: Revamped WSDL2Java framework

Here's the latest version of my revamped WSDL2Java:  (See attached file:
WSDL2.zip).  These still reside in the temporary directory structure.  I
believe the following is where we decided these files SHOULD go:
- org.apache.axis.wsdl2 => org.apache.axis.wsdl.gen
- org.apache.axis.wsdl2.st => org.apache.axis.wsdl.symbolTable
- org.apache.axis.wsdl2.java => org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava (except for
WSDL2Java which stays in org.apache.axis.wsdl)

One concern that we brought up on the chat is that ...axis.wsdl.gen implies
that this package outputs WSDL, not inputs WSDL.  We didn't discuss another
name for this package, though.  Any ideas?  I'll leave it as axis.wsdl.gen
unless someone comes up with a better package name.

Some changes from the last version
- WSDL2 is broken into WSDL2 and Parser.  Likewise, WSDL2Java is broken
into WSDL2Java and Emitter.
- The Writer base classes have been changed to Generator classes, with
appropriate message changes as well.  JavaXXXWriters have kept their names
since they really ARE writers.
- The hack for JavaGeneratorFactory.addGenerator (it was named addWriter in
the previous version) has grown up to work with all WSDL constructs.  I'm
still leaving the Writers class internal to JavaGeneratorFactory.  This
should probably be function in a base factory class, so if I added this
class as its own file to CVS now, I'd have to delete it in the near future
when I moved it anyway.  So I'll just leave it embedded in
JavaGeneratorFactory as a semi-hack for now.  The only user of this stuff
now is my extension example, so this won't hurt anyone.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com