axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Revamped WSDL2Java framework
Date Tue, 07 May 2002 12:38:14 GMT
I don't think your notion of dependency checking in the WSDL2Java task is a
good idea.  The builds are used in development.  WSDL2Java is one of the
things we're developing.  When we're mucking with WSDL2Java, we WANT the
generated stuff to be regenerated every time.  It would be a nuisance to do
'ant clean' just so we make sure we generate fresh bindings.  Now if we had
something like 'ant cleanBindings' that ONLY removed the generated stuff,
then I'd be OK with your suggestion.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Steve Loughran" <steve_l@iseran.com> on 05/06/2002 06:51:17 PM

To:    <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    Re: Revamped WSDL2Java framework

----- Original Message -----
From: "Russell Butek" <butek@us.ibm.com>
To: <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 06, 2002 12:40

> Do folks think this is a reasonable revamp?  I haven't heard from anyone
> except dims, and dims (except for a couple bugs he found) is OK with it.
> My next question is packaging.  I packaged it like I did to avoid
> interfering with the existing emitter code.  But if I replace the
existing
> code with the new stuff I'd rather do something a bit more sensible.  We
> have 3 items:
>
> 1.  symbol table classes
> 2.  framework classes
> 3.  WSDL2Java implementation classes
>
> Here's my proposal:
> 1.  org.apache.wsdl.symbolTable
> 2.  org.apache.wsdl
> 3.  WSDL2Java.java in org.apache.axis.wsdl (like it is now) and the rest
in
> org.apache.axis.wsdl.toJava
>
> A question is, CAN I even put 1 & 2 where I suggest?  It pulls them out
of
> the axis subpackage, but they're logically outside of AXIS anyway.
>
> Russell Butek
> butek@us.ibm.com

I want the ant tasks to go into the main distro, rather in test, and have
some changes to the existing task to make it more robust (that I will
repost
again in a week)

I'd also like some form of dependency checking in the task...if the date of
the generated files is later than that of the source file, you shouldnt
generate the output files. It is hard to add this ina build file outside of
the task, as it is only when you parse the WSDL that you know what the
names
of the classes will be