axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Rick Rineholt" <rineh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl.ensureCapacity goes in endless loop...
Date Sat, 25 May 2002 00:17:20 GMT
I just committed a change ths morning that "may" avoid this issue.
I only experienced when the attributes
list being copied was actually empty.
 Give it  a try, hope it helps...

Rick Rineholt
"The truth is out there...  All you need is a better search engine!"

rineholt@us.ibm.com

"St-Germain, Sylvain" <Sylvain.StGermain@cognos.com> on 05/24/2002 02:09:58
PM

To:    "Axis Dev (E-mail)" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl.ensureCapacity goes in
       endless     loop...

A little while ago I sent a post about the fact that an operation with null
parameters would cause Axis to hang.  I found the culprit piece of code.

Using xerces 1.4.4 I get stuck in an endless while loop in
org.xml.sax.helpers.AttributesImpl.ensureCapacity(int).

    private void ensureCapacity (int n)
    {
 [...]

 while (max < n * 5) {
     max *= 2;
 }

 [...]

I do not know the value of n, I will keep investigate but wanted to let you
know in case someone can tell me this was fixed.  I am running a early beta
2 version.

Anyone has experienced this?

--
Sylvain

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information.  If
you