axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Steve Loughran for committer
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 13:00:03 GMT
We already have plenty of votes, but here's my +1 anyway.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 05/22/2002 08:12:02 PM

To:    "Axis-Dev (E-mail)" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:    [VOTE] Steve Loughran for committer

I hereby nominate Steve Loughran as an axis committer.

Right now Axis' committer list is made up of a bunch of people who don't
work on Axis anymore, and some people who do which are mostly (though not
all) from IBM and Macromedia.  When this project started it had a very
vibrant developer community from all over the place, full of varied people
thinking and coding together.  I'd like to get that vibrancy kick-started
again, and one way to do so is to encourage participation, especially from
people outside MACR/IBM.

Steve has shown some good motivation in working on what is certainly one of
my big pet peeves about Axis, the build process.  His patch is dandy, and
his ideas are good.  If he's psyched to continue working on this and other
areas of the project, I say we give him the keys so he can drive it
himself.

I'll start with:

+1

--Glen