axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Utils.makePackageName has problems
Date Fri, 31 May 2002 21:47:02 GMT

How about we just let this be an error (and report it) and let the user then map the namespaces
to the right place themselves.  I think prefer this approach.

Are we going to be able to take all the collision cases in to account anyway?

--
Tom Jordahl

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 5:23 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Utils.makePackageName has problems

Our automagic namespace->package algorithm has problems.  If we have two
types:

- http://www.x.com/a/b/c:Type
- http://www.x.com/x/y/z:Type

These would both get mapped to the class:  "com.x.www.Type".  Bad news.
The file info isn't being taken into account.  But SHOULD it be?  What
about

urn:i/am/a/jelly/donut
urn:i/think/therefore/i/am

These namespaces have the same problem, they will both map to package "i".
Before I dive into this mess, is there anyone who thinks taking file info
into account is a bad idea?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com