axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: When adding new function
Date Wed, 29 May 2002 15:36:40 GMT

Glyn wrote:
> Also, I wonder if we should be consistently using the cvs contents such as
> the docs to describe facts and the cvs commit logs to summarise *changes*
> to the facts? I don't like seeing useful design notes get 'hidden' in cvs
> logs.

Glyn and I must be on the same wavelength today.

I also prefer my source control to have descriptions of the changes that are concise.  On
the flip side, reading a detailed CVS commit is very helpful while trying to puzzle out the
code changes from the diffs.

I also agree in principle that we should try and document changes before and after they are
made.  But I also have reservations that there is still much that is missing or doesn't work
right in Axis, and in order to get to 1.0, we need to concentrate on implementing these missing
pieces.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia