axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: SerializationContext/DeserializationContext cleanup?
Date Thu, 09 May 2002 19:48:28 GMT
I guess what I'm saying is that I don't think this is a place where there is going to be any
call for pluggability.  YAGNI.

--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: R J Scheuerle Jr [mailto:scheu@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 09, 2002 3:40 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: SerializationContext/DeserializationContext cleanup?

Generally, separating interfaces from implementation is a good thing.

For one, it gives us the opportunity to make this a pluggable piece in the future.

Also it establishes better boundaries between the components.  Before I made these changes,

there was a lot of interactions between components using public or package visible fields.

I feel that the Context classes are a lot better off (and remain better organized) now that
we have
interfaces.  I would vote -1 to removing the interfaces.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

	Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com>