axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Jean-Marc Taillant" <taill...@bst.bsf.alcatel.fr>
Subject AXIS BUG ?
Date Thu, 30 May 2002 01:41:06 GMT
Hi all,
I found several bugs in server sid generated WSDL ( invoked with the ?wsdl option in the URL...).
I made tests with several tools ( XML spy ( soap debugger plug-in & SOAP:Net from www.soaptoolset.com)
and i find this:

AXIS generate WSDL with "<wsdl:" namespace before almost element:
    This syntax is not understanded by XML spy and SOAP:Net

SOAP:Net need name attribute in "definitions" element.
    I found that AXIS does not include this attribute in WSDL.

The AXIS version used is the last nightly build from 28/05/2002

Somewhere else, i try .Net wsdl.exe tool to generate client C# proxy and all is Ok for MS.

I think it a problem because AXIS need to be compliant with client side toolkit. I know that
there can be a xml spy & SOAP:Net problem ( i send email to them) but there is no cost
to include "name" attribute for example.

Regards,

Jean Marc

PS:
I send this mail to axis-dev because this mail come after a large number of mail with no response.