axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Truty" <gtr...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: server config file property
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2002 21:47:02 GMT
Actually, I've had a talk w/Russell on this.  I think a move to use some
flavour of property files are good for a few more reasons.  Specifically,
there are a number of places in Axis code where we do a set/getProperty()
for the system environment, which, is bad from a java2 security point of
view, as well as an app server point of view.  You can't have one app
setting a system variable to be used and it affecting other apps.  I have
played around w/ prototyping portions of this (and was going to wait until
after beta2 to persue it)...

Regards...Greg

Greg Truty

                      Tom Jordahl

                      <tomj@macromedia         To:      "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      .com>                    cc:

                                               Subject: RE: server config file property

                      04/25/2002 04:30

                      PM

                      Please respond

                      to axis-dev

Neil,

I don't see any reason why we can't check a property for the server config
file.

Anyone else have thought on this?  Glen?

Neil, I would send a code patch next week after Beta 2 goes out (Scheduled
for Monday) and we'll see about getting this in the source.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia