axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/message PrefixedQName.java
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:34:50 GMT
Russell,

Thanks for the explanation! I don't think it's appropriate to challenge the
JAX-RPC javadocs for such a triviality - especially as QName might perform
a bit better being final.

Glyn

                      Russell

                      Butek/Austin/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/message

                      11/04/02 14:08            PrefixedQName.java

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I can explain this one easily enough, Glyn.  JAX-RPC's javadocs and
jaxrpc-APIs.jar show QName as a final class.  So we made it final in our
version.

We can always fight this if you think it's appropriate.  The JAX-RPC spec
itself doesn't say anything about QName.  Probably because QName has been
defined in other locations by other specs and there's a stirring of people
to coalesce all these disparate QNames into one.  I wonder whether the
other QNames are final?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Glyn Normington/UK/IBM@IBMGB on 04/11/2002 04:48:26 AM