axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "David L. Cole" <DLC...@cmsenergy.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils JavaUtils .java
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:09:36 GMT

Is Axis Serializing/Deserializing Sets now?
Last time I checked with the Beta, I was unable to get the ser/des to work
with Sets.

                    Glen Daniels

                    <gdaniels@macro        To:     "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                    media.com>             cc:

                                           Subject:     RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/utils

                    04/17/2002             JavaUtils    .java

                    10:04 AM

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

>   +        ret = JavaUtils.convert(array, Collection.class);
>   +        assertTrue("Converted array not an ArrayList",
> (ret instanceof ArrayList));
>   +
>   +        ret = JavaUtils.convert(array, Set.class);
>   +        assertTrue("Converted array not a HashSet", (ret
> instanceof HashSet));

I think these are too limiting - if you want a Collection, you should just
test that you got a Collection and perhaps that it works (contains the
right stuff), not that our current implementation happens to return an
ArrayList.  Same with Set/HashSet.

--Glen