axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "James M Snell" <jasn...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: IBM & Microsoft Web Services Architecture and Roadmap
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:09:12 GMT
IBM and Microsoft got together again and came up with a combined approach
(combines the former SOAP-SEC and WS-Security/WS-License stuff) for adding
security tokens, digital signatures, etc to messages.  This is a much
cleaner and very flexible approach.

Security in a Web Services World: This paper describes a proposed strategy
and comprehensive model for security in the Web service environment.
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-secmap/
Web Services Security:  The Web Services Security specification offers a
new security model for sending messages between services. (Specification)
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-secure/
Web Services ToolKit for dynamic e-business.  A new release of the IBM Web
Services Toolkit that offers an early implementation of the new proposed
WS-Security specification.
http://alphaworks.ibm.com/tech/webservicestoolkit
The WS-Security XML Schema. http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/ws/2002/04/secext

We're looking for lots of feedback on this, btw.

- James M Snell/Fresno/IBM
    Web services architecture and strategy
    Internet Emerging Technologies, IBM
    544.9035 TIE line
    559.587.1233 Office
    919.486.0077 Voice Mail
    jasnell@us.ibm.com
 Programming Web Services With SOAP, O'reilly & Associates, ISBN
0596000952

==
Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified,

do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you
go.
- Joshua 1:9