axis-java-dev mailing list archives

Subject Axis with Web Service that uses JNI
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 15:13:14 GMT
 I have an MFC C++ class that I wrapped using Java Native Interfaces, e.g.
 MyClass.cpp. I have a Java class that wraps the C++ code using JNI, called The JNI code works fine. The shared library used is called
 Now, I deploy as a web service using Axis beta1 and TomCat
 4.0.1 using WSDD. When I invoke any native method in, I get
 InvocationTargetException. I tried to add some local method to      and it works fine. This implies that the web service is
 deployed fine and can be invoked for the methods that are implemented
 inside the java class. It also means that there is a problem invoking the
 native methods that are referenced in the web service.
 The test client that I use to test the Web Service,
 loads the shared library (MyClass.dll) fine, and I have the web service
 invoke calls inside the client.
 The question that I have: Does Axis and TomCat support deploying web
 services that use JNI?
 If yes, is there any special trick I need to know.
 Environment: Win2000, jdk1.3.1, Tomcat 4.0.1, Axis-beta1, MSVC++6.0
 Mamoun Hirzalla