axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2Java - overloaded method problem
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2002 16:10:34 GMT
In order to get overloaded operations to work, you must distinguish them in
the binding.  If you notice, there are two identical <wsdl:operation name
="getContactCollection"> clauses in the binding.  They cannot be identical.
That's bad WSDL (which, unfortunately, WSDL2Java doesn't recognize).  What
you have to do is name the input and output clauses in the portType and
binding so they can make the correllation.  Otherwise the binding has no
way to know which bindingOperation refers to which portType operation.

In other words, the portType operations could look like:

      <wsdl:operation name="getContactCollection" parameterOrder="in0">
         <wsdl:input name="gcc1" message
="intf:getContactCollectionRequest"/>
         <wsdl:output name="gcc1" message
="intf:getContactCollectionResponse"/>
      </wsdl:operation>
      <wsdl:operation name="getContactCollection" parameterOrder="in0">
         <wsdl:input name="gcc2" message
="intf:getContactCollectionRequest1"/>
         <wsdl:output name="gcc2" message
="intf:getContactCollectionResponse1"/>
      </wsdl:operation>

And the binding operations would similarly name the input and output
clauses.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"David L. Cole" <DLCole@cmsenergy.com> on 04/05/2002 09:53:22 AM