axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "kel" <khych...@hotmail.com>
Subject XML Literal Encoding
Date Sun, 07 Apr 2002 20:36:49 GMT
Hi,

Currently I would like to create a Web Service interface for a Java program.  I would probably
create a wrapper for it and the wrapper would probably take an XML document as input, and
then instantiates the Java objects after processing the document and call the backend Java
program.  In Apache SOAP, there is the literal encoding which does these by DOM processing
(client specifies literal encoding in the Call object, passes in an Element, and the Service
gets an Element).  However, DOM processing would be too expensive and I would like to know
how the AXIS framework can achieve this with SAX processing.

Can someone please kindly point me to the right direction with the following requirements:
-clients can pass in XML data (literal encoding so that the engine does not touch the contents?)
-service gets the data and can process it with SAX (or stream if possible).

Regards,

Kel