axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Gordie <Alan_Gor...@payformance.com>
Subject RE: Patch for AxisServlet.java for browsing services/operations/p arams
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 14:35:24 GMT
Mark,

If you goto  <http://> :/axis">http://<server>:<port>/axis , you will
get
the "Apache-AXIS" page with two links, one for "Administer Axis" and one for
"Visit the Axis Servlet", the latter points to /axis/servlet/AxisServlet.
So, in effect, that is already available.

However, that brings up the interesting point about whether we should move
the "start/stop" links from the AdminServlet over to the AxisServlet and
then have /axis autoforward to /axis/servlets.  That way, /axis would bring
you to the management utility directly.  Perhaps it could be a configuration
option in web.xml?  Comments anyone?

Alan

-----Original Message-----
From: Volkmann, Mark [mailto:Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 04, 2002 9:26 AM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Patch for AxisServlet.java for browsing services/operations/p
arams

I've got a request. Would it be possible to make your page accessible from a
link at http://localhost:8080/axis <http://localhost:8080/axis>  so that it
isn't necessary to go directly to
http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet
<http://localhost:8080/axis/servlet/AxisServlet> ?

I used localhost:8080 in those URLs, but of course I realize that the Axis
server could be running somewhere else.