axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Unresponsiveness
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:48:00 GMT

I would also say that some of the reasons for the lack of responsiveness is the small number
of active committers Axis has seemed to be reduced to.  By my count, there are 5+ people who
are currently actively engaged in developing Axis.  There are many more committers on 'the
list', but some have drifted away, most are simply busy with other (work related) things.

Consider this a call for more people!  We obviously have a very large USER community, the
trick is expanding the developer community.

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: Russell Butek [mailto:butek@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 9:33 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Unresponsiveness

You're quite right in chastising us.  We should be more responsive.

I think we're all pretty busy in one way or another.  For myself, handlers
aren't my forte, so I was hoping someone else would respond to your notes
(that's not an excuse, just a reason).  The fellow that I was hoping WOULD
respond is in a weeklong session of meetings, so he's been rather
incommunicado.  If you haven't heard from any of us by the middle of next
week, please feel free to slap us again.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

"Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro" <a.fernandez.martinez@ibermatica.com> on
04/12/2002 04:09:55 AM