axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/javax/xml/rpc/soap SOAPFault.ja va SOAPHeaderFault.java
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 15:48:03 GMT
>       call.setUsername( opts.getUser() );
>       call.setPassword( opts.getPassword() );
>
> It would be unfortunate, to me, to change this to:
>
>       call.setProperty( Call.USERNAME_PROPERTY, opts.getUser() );
>       call.setProperty( Call.PASSWORD_PROPERTY, opts.getPassword() );

I agree, though really only from a clean API perspective - down in the code it ends up being
the same thing nowadays.

> What I could do is leave the existing samples alone and add a
> sample or two
> that's purely JAX-RPC.  The problem with this is that the
> existing samples
> are probably a bit out of date and some of the JAX-RPC stuff
> IS goodness
> and would make for better samples all around.  What we really
> need are code
> reviews of all our samples.

+1 to all of that.  I think we should have most of our tests/samples be Axis-specific, and
then have a "JAX-RPC compliance" section in both the samples and the tests.  Code review of
samples and, even more pressingly, tests, would be really great.

--Glen