axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: repost of WSDL2Java question
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:45:18 GMT
I don't believe that's what it does by default, otherwise a lot of our tests would fail.  Right
now by default it doesn't make a skeleton, and the deploy.wsdd should point to the Impl class.

I'm ambivalent about the option, since there's no guarantee that your class matches the WSDL,
whereas the Impl will for sure.  So I think I'd either a) make the user do the extra little
bit of work to edit the WSDD to switch things, OR b) add the option but confirm that there
are matching methods in the class (more work).

--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Volkmann, Mark [mailto:Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com]
Sent: Tuesday, April 02, 2002 1:22 PM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: repost of WSDL2Java question

Do you agree that WSDL2Java currently does the wrong thing by default?
By this I mean it doesn't generate a skeleton class, but the deploy.wsdd it generates refers
to the non-existent skeleton class.

I really think the solution is to allow the user to pass an option to WSDL2Java that specifies
the name of an alternate class they want to refer to in the generated deploy.wsdd file.

WARNING: All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.