axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject FAQ : More FAQs
Date Sun, 21 Apr 2002 19:36:50 GMT

[Russell, please review and FAQ if we don't already have these]

Q: How do I get access to the MessageContext in my service object?

A: Use the static MessageContext.getCurrentContext() method at any
   time during a method call on your object.

Q: Where do I put my <typeMapping>/<beanMapping> information?

A: There are two places in the WSDD where type mappings are
   appropriate.  At the top level, just under <deployment>, they
   become *global* type mappings, and all services deployed in
   the Axis engine will be able to use them.  Alternately, you
   can place them inside your <service> tag, and then the mappings
   will only be accessible by that particular service.

--G