axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Fernandez Martinez, Alejandro" <a.fernandez.marti...@ibermatica.com>
Subject Unresponsiveness
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 09:09:55 GMT
Hi folks!

I have submitted a couple of questions and a couple of classes, and never
heard back. Have I got something wrong?

Perhaps the questions should go to the user list, perhaps the classes are
not needed, perhaps you are all working afterhours to get a 1.0 release out,
or perhaps the whole matter is not interesting in the least. But a short
one-liner to say it aloud doesn't take very long.

I thought that open-source was about scratching your itch, which is what we
did here.

I've only been subscribed to Jakarta mailing lists before, and the people
over there are usually quite responsive on any topic, however off-topic it
may seem. Even to send you to
http://jakarta.apache.org/site/idiot.html
if necessary. For the short time (<1 month) that I've been subscribed here,
that's not the case here: many questions go unanswered.

I thought that in Apache-land communities are valued over code. And this
seems a poor way to build a community around Axis -- which could otherwise
evolve to be a fine product.

Un saludo,

Alex Fernández.