axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject keepalive - multiple choice answer
Date Mon, 22 Apr 2002 21:56:25 GMT
I know everybody is busy getting ready for beta 2, but I'd really appreciate
just a terse answer to this question.
Is is possible to get Axis to use HTTP Keep-Alive using the latest code?
I'm looking at the cost of establishing a new TCP connection for each
repeated request to the same web service.

You can probably pick from the following answers.

a) Yes.  If you dig into the code more you'll find it.

b) No.  However, we plan to add that real soon,
   possibly using HttpURLConnection instead of the Socket class in
HttpSender.

c) No.  We don't plan to do that any time soon.

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.