axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Volkmann, Mark" <Mark.Volkm...@AGEDWARDS.com>
Subject repost of WSDL2Java question
Date Mon, 01 Apr 2002 18:46:16 GMT
I posted this on the axis-user list this morning, but didn't get a response
so I'm trying here.  I have an urgent need to understand this because I'm
giving a presentation on Axis soon and I don't want to mislead anyone.

I believe WSDL2Java generates eight files. I understand the benefit of these
four.

{port-name}SoapBindingStub.java - class
{port-name}ServiceLocator.java - class
deploy.wsdd
undeploy.wsdd

If you already have a Java class that implements your web service
operations, is there any point in using the following generated files?

{port-name}SoapBindingSkeleton.java - class
{port-name}Service.java - interface implemented by skeleton class
{port-name}SoapBindingImpl.java - class
{port-name}.java - interface implemented by impl class

The generated deploy.wsdd file references the skeleton class.
The skeleton class uses the impl class.

It seems to me that I have two choices.
1) modify the impl class to invoke methods in my existing web service
implementation class
2) modify deploy.wsdd to reference my existing web service implementation
class instead of the generated skeleton class

Both options work for me. If the generated skeleton and impl classes and
their interfaces don't add any value then I think I prefer option 2 ... four
fewer classes deployed.

Am I missing something?

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.