axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Zahid Shaikh <zahidn...@yahoo.com>
Subject Axis client does not work with Microsoft .NET
Date Thu, 04 Apr 2002 17:51:37 GMT

On running Axis Test client with  default Server (ie http://nagoya.apache.org:5049/axis/servlet/AxisServlet/echoString)

I was able to  get back the results properly ("sent hello received hello")..

But on tyring to talk with Microsoft .Net by using the below code, I got the

following error : "SoapAction incorrectly specified"..

I monitored the O/P with the Axis XML spy and I found that "SoapAction"

was passed as "." ie  SOAPAction: "." instead of what the .NET was expecting ...

ie SOAPAction: http://tempuri.org/HelloWorld

So how can I control "SoapAction" parameter Or Is this something which is proprietory to

Microsoft ??

Code for talking with .NET :

       try {
           String endpoint =
                    "http://localhost:8001/WebService1/Service1.asmx";

           Service  service = new Service();
           Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();

           call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpoint) );
           call.setOperationName(new QName("http://tempuri.org/", "HelloWorld") );

           String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { "Zid!" } );

           System.out.println("Sent 'Zid!', got '" + ret + "'");
       } catch (Exception e) {
           System.err.println(e.toString());
       }
   }