axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Steve Loughran" <>
Subject Re: Testing with .NET
Date Tue, 09 Apr 2002 16:55:05 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Jordahl" <>
To: <>
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: Testing with .NET

> Thanks for the reply Steve.
> This would be very interesting to test .NET client against Axis, did I
just hear you volunteer to contribute that? :-)  I know that I for one have
.NET on my Win2K machine and I would run a test target against Axis if it
existed.  If you can send some stuff to the list, I will test it out and
commit it!

well, I was hoping somebody else will run with it, but if not, then I will
see what I can do.

> My main concern, however, is to preserve the Axis client behaviors
>against various .NET services. To ensure that we continue to
>interoperate on the client side. The difficulty is that our test suite
>generally tests Axis against itself, which can sometimes hide problems
>if client and server have the same behavior. There have been various
>problems with the single test we currently have (SalesRankAndPrice) that
>tests a service at But I think we should add more .NET
>services on the internet to the suite. If we do add more, I think we
>need to split them off in to a separate test target, to allow
>disconnected testing.

I am interested in having interop working right from the WSDL onwards;
having nightly tests of WSDL to code to invocation against different servers
ensures that nothing has broken -far better to find out every night than at
some intermittent interop workshop.

If I did the tests, (and it is still an if) I'd make the .net tests a
separate build.xml file, for complete standaloneness.

Before I do the tests I need to bring Ant's <csc> task up to date and add
the <vbc> and a wrapper to the .net WSDLto(CSC/VB) app

View raw message