axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "CHEN,SHIH-CHANG (HP-NewJersey,ex2)" <shih-chang_c...@hp.com>
Subject RE: HTTPSender
Date Mon, 08 Apr 2002 14:09:34 GMT
1. it sounds good but, fo course, this never means it works well.
And i agree that it's not a good time to move to jdk1.4 right now.

2. if before, we alsoe use jakarta's httpclient in jaxm but
found some problems. At least, i found web-proxy does not
work properly. When i look into the codes, i found the proxy
logic has not been finished yet.

3. so, yoour suggestion is that i should make changes to jakarta's
httpclient, and then modify Axis HTTPSender to use the httpclient,
did i understand correctly ? This is better way but may take more
time than just implementing http1.1 keep-alive-conn and chunking in
HTTPSender ... Then we make the HTTPSender more and more difficult
to read and maintain because we implement all http request/response
logic inside just one method! Anyway, I will finish the modifcation
and tests of HTTPSender for keep-alive-conn and chunking soon.

-chen