axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "JP Fielding" <field...@asset.com>
Subject Re: referencing common schema types
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2002 19:57:25 GMT
sorry, wrong list... :-(
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: JP Fielding
  To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2002 3:55 PM
  Subject: referencing common schema types

  given that a custom serialization can be performed per java object to xml, can a remote
reference then be made to a schema that this xml document now represents.

  for instance, DISA is making a common type registry (schema registry).  type transfer should
attempt to use these.  i was wondering if it's possible to:

  1) ingest a remote schema and generate a java object (EXISTENCE UNKNOWN)
  2) generate a custom serialization for that object ( ALREADY EXISTS )
  3) have the WSDL generated for my service reference the remote schema as a parameter type
(EXISTENCE UNKNOWN)

  i know that step one can be done by hand by the user/developer.  step 2 is the type mapping
concept that already exists.  what i don't know how to do, is ensure that the generated WSDL
for my service references the remote schema when refering to my type.

  anyone know if this is possible/how to do it?

  thanks,
  jp