axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: getSerializer/getDeserilizer methods in the Bean
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 18:35:42 GMT
Both methods provide a place to get custom serializer/deserializer.

In both cases the Base(De)SerializerFactory looks for these methods to get
the serializer /deserializer.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Glen Daniels

                      <gdaniels@macrome        To:       "'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      dia.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  RE: getSerializer/getDeserilizer
methods in the Bean
                      03/28/2002 12:20

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

Interesting stuff!

So, I get how getSerializer() might work - you've got a Class you're
serializing, so you can just use that instead of going to the TypeMapping.

I don't understand getDeserializer, though - when could/would that get
used?

--Glen