axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: WSDL2Java --skeletonDeploy questions
Date Mon, 04 Mar 2002 22:19:48 GMT
+1 to all of these.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Russell

                      Butek/Austin/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  WSDL2Java --skeletonDeploy questions

                      03/04/2002 04:09

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I'm updating the WSDL2Java documentation in the user's guide and I've run
across some changes I'd like to make wrt --skeletonDeploy:

1.  WSDL2Java should fail (with a reasonable message, of course) if
--skeletonDeploy is specified but --skeleton is not).  It certainly has no
meaning without --skeleton.

2.  If "--skeletonDeploy false", we still generate the skeleton.  I think
we should not.

3.  #2 brings to mind that --skeleton is really no longer a complete
description of what this option does.  It causes a skeleton to be
generated, but it also causes an impl, deploy.wsdd, and undeploy.wsdd to be
generated.  I propose we change this to "--server-side" (the short name "
-s" would remain the same).

Shall we vote for these?
1.  +1
2.  +1