axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: deploy problem. <parameter name="scope" value="session"/> would notwork.
Date Tue, 12 Mar 2002 08:51:02 GMT
I could imagine scenarios where each of the alternative behaviours is
acceptable. Allowing existing sessions to continue while preventing new
sessions from starting is less disruptive to clients and would allow a
server to be 'quiesced' once the number of existing sessions had decreased
to zero. On the other hand, there may be a need to break existing sessions
to perform some kind of urgent upgrade. Perhaps the former behaviour should
be the default and the other should be available as an option (via a
parameter).

Glyn

                      Russell

                      Butek/Austin/IBM@        To:       axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                      IBMUS                    cc:

                                               Subject:  Re: deploy problem. <parameter
name="scope" value="session"/> would
                      11/03/02 15:26            notwork.

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

OK, folks, what do y'all think?  Since the session info ultimately resides
in HTTPTransport, even though there are multiple services/stubs/Call
objects, the cookie info is preserved.  So if you turn on sessions, turn
them off, and turn them back on again, you're still in the original
session.  Is this the proper behavior?  Or should we get a new session each
time we call setMaintainSession?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Akira Hirose <Akira.Hirose@fujixerox.co.jp> on 03/10/2002 07:49:13 PM