axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <>
Subject Re: Deserialization of xsi:nil elements in BeanDeserializer
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2002 16:23:12 GMT
Could you send the patch that you want to incorporate.

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Thomas Sandholm
                      <sandholm@mcs.anl        To:
                      .gov>                    cc:
                                               Subject:  Re: Deserialization of xsi:nil elements
in BeanDeserializer
                      03/14/2002 02:04
                      Please respond to

Digging a bit deeper into this, it actually turned out to be a
configuration problem causing this behavior. But maybe it wouldn't hurt to
put in the null checks in the code anyhow.
At 01:35 PM 3/14/2002 -0600, Thomas Sandholm wrote:
>I believe there is a problem in the newest
>BeanDeserializer/DeserializationContextImpl code(checked out yesterday).
>When I send in an element marked with xsi:nil="true" the QName passed in
>to the getDeserializerForType method is null, and hence the log.error
>message doing a toString on the QName will result in a null pointer
>exception. If I add in a check whether the qname passed in is null it all
>works fine. Alternatively the BeanSerializer could avoid calling the
>getDesrializerForType if its context.getTypeFromAttributes(namespace,
>localName, attributes) returns a null QName, or it could explicitly check
>for the xsi:nil attribute.

View raw message