axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Respinning the beta (was: Re: Install doc)
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2002 16:22:51 GMT
I'm indifferent whether or not we change the name.  I'd rather not take too
much time, though, before the real beta.  WSTK would REALLY like to have a
beta by the end of the week.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Sam Ruby/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS on 03/18/2002 10:09:18 AM

To:    axis-dev@xml.apache.org
cc:
Subject:    Re: Respinning the beta (was: Re: Install doc)

Russell Butek wrote:

> Yeah.  This "beta" is essentially beta 1 rc3, isn't it?  I'd like to
> respin, but I'd prefer to do it only ONCE.  And then announce it to the
> greater world.  Where should we announce it, Sam?

Why don't we rename this beta then?  And take our time... call it beta when
the stream of bug reports slows down to a trickle.

As far as announcing... there is announce@xml.apache.org, slashdot,
freshmeat, soapbuilders, ...

- Sam Ruby