axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: AXIS Beta?
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 09:28:25 GMT

I agree that it's about time for another formal release - an alpha 4 would
be fine for instance.

However, before a beta, I believe it is essential that we fill in the
(currently empty) list of published Axis interfaces in the User's Guide.
This is the only way we will preserve some freedom for refactoring after
the beta, which I believe is essential to the health of the codebase. Also,
as we fill in the list, we are likely to need to clean up the relevant
interfaces to ensure that the contents are well-documented with javadoc and
that any flaky and/or unstable methods are factored out.

Glyn

                    Russell

                    Butek/Austin/I       To:     axis-dev@xml.apache.org

                    BM@IBMUS             cc:

                                         Subject:     AXIS Beta?

                    28/02/02 23:06

                    Please respond

                    to axis-dev

We (Tom/Glen/Sam/me) talked about targeting a release of an AXIS beta for
March 8.  It will mean no new stuff for the next week or so, only cleanup,
and lots of focus on documentation.  Thoughts?

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com