axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <>
Subject Re: General comment on tests
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 14:01:23 GMT

Yes, except, of course, for tests (e.g. test.chain.TestSimpleChain) that
deliberately provoke exceptions and check for them!

                      Glen Daniels
                      <gdaniels@macrome        To:       "'Axis-Dev (E-mail)'" <>
            >                 cc:
                                               Subject:  General comment on tests
                      26/03/02 19:45
                      Please respond to

In general, can we please not catch exceptions in tests, and instead bubble
them up to the test framework?  It's much more useful to me to see
"NullPointerException at SomeClass (SomeClass:113)" than it is to see some
message with just the string message from the Exception.  I'm going to
rework a few cases like this, but in general are people OK with this into
the future?

View raw message