axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Glen Daniels <gdani...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: Java2WSDL followed by WSDL2Java?
Date Thu, 28 Mar 2002 21:39:29 GMT

What do you mean by "supporting classes"?  The only particularly handy thing I can see that
process generating is the WSDD files.  Am I missing something?

That said, an option which prevents overwriting existing files doesn't seem like a bad idea,
although we should print clear messages which say "NOT writing MyClassSOAPStub.java - an existing
file is in the way", etc....

--Glen

-----Original Message-----
From: Volkmann, Mark [mailto:Mark.Volkmann@AGEDWARDS.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2002 4:35 PM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: Java2WSDL followed by WSDL2Java?

Is it reasonable to assume that developers will commonly want to
generate WSDL for a service using Java2WSDL
for the purpose of feeding that WSDL into WSDL2Java
to achieve the ultimate goal of generating
the supporting classes needed by the service?

It seems to me that this will be common.  The only problem I see with this is that WSDL2Java
will overwrite the data classes used by the service implementation and will overwrite the
service implementation itself with a new interface.

Should a flag be added to WSDL2Java so it can be told not to overwrite existing files?

WARNING: All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.