axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Börkel ...@ap-ag.com>
Subject Proposed fix for interop problem with .NET client (null as parameter)
Date Fri, 22 Mar 2002 15:51:15 GMT
HI!

In another discussion ("Urgent interop problem with .NET if String parameter is null"), I
detailed the problem with null parameters, if .NET is the client and Axis the server.

I have a fix for this problem (please find RPCProvider.java attached), but I'm not sure if
this breaks output parameters, because I don't know anything about this. Someone should check
this, before committing the patch.

The fix has Beta 1 as base.

.NET has also a problem, if Axis is the client and Axis sends xsi:nil="true" for null values.
This results in "" in .NET, but this is a .NET bug (because W3C allows this), which I will
report to Microsoft.

.NET as client has no problem with xsi:nil="true" as return value.

Regards,
Thomas