axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Börkel ...@ap-ag.com>
Subject Urgent interop problem with .NET if String parameter is null
Date Wed, 20 Mar 2002 14:26:59 GMT
HI!

Consider the following method in a Java server:

  public String parameterTest(short s, int i, double d, String t, boolean b)

Now, if .NET is the client and I call parameterTest(1, 2, 3.5, null, true), then .NET does
not pass in 't' at all. This results in an error in Axis.

This is the SOAP message from .NET for this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<soap:Envelope xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:soapenc="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/"
xmlns:tns="http://p2test.p2plus.apag.com" xmlns:types="http://p2test.p2plus.apag.com/encodedTypes"
xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema">
  <soap:Body soap:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/">
    <tns:parameterTest>
      <s xsi:type="xsd:short">1</s>
      <i xsi:type="xsd:int">2</i>
      <d xsi:type="xsd:double">3.5</d>
      <b xsi:type="xsd:boolean">true</b>
    </tns:parameterTest>
  </soap:Body>
</soap:Envelope>

I am using Axis Beta1 and .NET 1.0. Anyone any ideas how to get this to work? Is it .NET's
fault? Then I'll file a bug report to MS about this.

Thanks!

Regards,
Thomas