axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Christophe PINON <christophepi...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re: Axis Client with JDK1.3.0
Date Thu, 14 Mar 2002 08:40:04 GMT

Hi Sri,

IMHO that's not problem JDK version 1.3 or 1.4
I had the same exception, in the WSDD contructor
it was because a DOM classes of an other parser were loaded before those of my xerces jar.
This parser has an old version of DOM Classes, where methods were missing!

If you put xerces/crimson in front of your claspath, it should work better!
Also check your jre/lib/ext dir that there's no parser there.

Christophe

PS: For axis-dev, could it be possible to add the following extract of the FAQ in the install
page of the dist.
Or simply add the FAQ in the dist. It would have been helpful for me .... So it may help somebody
else in the future :o)

---------------------------------
Why do some classes fail to load under Tomcat?
Tomcat will not load classes with package names starting "java." or "javax." from the WEB-INF
directory.
jars containing such classes need to be installed in $TOMCAT_HOME/common/lib rather than in
WEB-INF/lib.
Currently (21 Feb. 2002), axis.jar is such a jar.

----------------------------

PS2: I'm waiting impatiently for the beta ! :o)

I have a problem with running the Axis Client running on JDK1.3.0

This is the version:

java version "JavaVM-1.3.0.02"

Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build

jinteg:07/30/01-12:27)

HotSpot VM (build 1.0.1fcs jinteg:07/30/01-15:33 PA2.0, mixed mode)

But the client runs fine when client system is on JDK1.4.0.

Looks like the axis is calling a method unsupported by JDK1.3

See the exception stack trace:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoSuchMethodError

at

org.apache.axis.deployment.wsdd.WSDDDocument.<init>(WSDDDocument.java:99

)

at

org.apache.axis.configuration.FileProvider.configureEngine(FileProvider.

java:129)

at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.init(AxisEngine.java:176)

at org.apache.axis.AxisEngine.<init>(AxisEngine.java:162)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.<init>(AxisClient.java:85)

at

org.apache.axis.client.Service.getAxisClient(Service.java:119)

at org.apache.axis.client.Service.<init>(Service.java:130)

at

com.intecom.skarthig.GraphicsCheckoutSoapBindingStub.<init>(GraphicsChec

koutSoapBindingStub.java:22)

at

com.intecom.skarthig.GraphicsCheckoutSoapBindingStub.<init>(GraphicsChec

koutSoapBindingStub.java:16)

at

com.intecom.skarthig.GraphicsCheckout.getGraphicsCheckoutPort(GraphicsCh

eckout.java:32)

at

com.intecom.skarthig.GraphicsCheckout.getGraphicsCheckoutPort(GraphicsCh

eckout.java:27)

at GCCLient.main(GCCLient.java:21)

Please help.

Sri