axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Russell Butek" <bu...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: BCEL
Date Thu, 14 Feb 2002 22:02:33 GMT
The only objection I have you already brought up, relying on yet another
jar file.  I'll whine about it, but I won't whine too loudly.  Go ahead.

Russell Butek
butek@us.ibm.com

Glen Daniels <gdaniels@macromedia.com> on 02/14/2002 03:34:19 PM

To:   "'Axis-Dev (E-mail)'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>
cc:
Subject:  BCEL

I just revamped JavapUtils to stop using javap and start using BCEL (
http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel).  The main benefits of this are speed and
resource conservation (we no longer have to spawn a process to get the arg
names from debug info in class files, and we can operate in environments
where javap isn't around).  It means one more jar to deal with.  I think
this is a very worthwhile tradeoff.  Any objections to my checking this in?

--Glen