axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject WSDL2Java Plus TypeMapping (+1 ?)
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 22:07:31 GMT
Folks,

The runtime uses the information in the default TypeMapping to
get the base qname <-> java information.

The Java2WSDL emitter uses the default TypeMapping information to
get  java -> qname information.

However WSDL2Java uses the routine Utils.getBaseJavaName(qname)
method to get the qname -> java base names.

I have almost completed the changes in my sandbox to change WSDL2Java to
use the default TypeMapping.

This has the following advantages:
   -  Keeps the runtime and the emitter in sync.
   -  Removal of hard-coded Utils.getBaseJavaName routine.
   -  Further tests TypeMapping registry.

Related changes:
   - Adding this support via the WriterFactory so that other developers
provider their own mappings.
   - Changing the name of BaseJavaType objects to BaseType objects
   - Made improvements to the Hex support in the runtime, including
     JavaUtils.convert() changes to convert between byte[] and Hex.

Comments ?

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115