axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "R J Scheuerle Jr" <sc...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: BCEL
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 15:09:19 GMT
The JavapUtils code is ugly.  (I know because I added it.)  If BCEL
provides a better way to get at the debug information then we should use
BCEL.

A big +1 from me.

Glen, please make sure the code continues to work with methods that have
array parameters and return values.

Thanks!

Rich Scheuerle
XML & Web Services Development
512-838-5115  (IBM TL 678-5115)

                      Glen Daniels

                      <gdaniels@macrome        To:       "'Axis-Dev (E-mail)'" <axis-dev@xml.apache.org>

                      dia.com>                 cc:

                                               Subject:  BCEL

                      02/14/2002 03:34

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      axis-dev

I just revamped JavapUtils to stop using javap and start using BCEL (
http://jakarta.apache.org/bcel).  The main benefits of this are speed and
resource conservation (we no longer have to spawn a process to get the arg
names from debug info in class files, and we can operate in environments
where javap isn't around).  It means one more jar to deal with.  I think
this is a very worthwhile tradeoff.  Any objections to my checking this in?

--Glen