axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Glyn Normington" <glyn_norming...@uk.ibm.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: xml-axis/java/src/org/apache/axis/wsdl/toJava JavaStubWriter.java
Date Thu, 21 Feb 2002 13:59:15 GMT

>Is it really faster?

In the case where no contention is encountered, the simpler approach avoids
an extra object construction, so the answer is "sometimes" ;-).

>I didn't want to synchronize on the stub object
>itself in case we decide in the future that we have to synchronize other
>stub methods.  It would be wrong to hold those methods up just to check a
>boolean.  It's not really the stub that needs synchronizing in this case,
>just one tiny little piece of it.

I see. On the other hand, there is a greater risk of a coding slip
introducing deadlocks.

>When the type mapping registration code goes into the service, this whole
>if block will go away, so even if it's not perfect, it's only temporary.

It's not imperfect. I just wanted to understand why you'd done it that way.
Thanks for taking the time to explain it.

Glyn