axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sam Ruby" <ru...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Interop with Log4j
Date Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:18:16 GMT
Tom Jordahl wrote:

> The latest log4j has made a incompatible change from the previous
> release version.

Have you communicated this to the log4j development team?  Such changes
would eventually impact Axis users...  I can tell you that the log4j team
takes backwards compatibility very seriously and agressively address any
issues brought to their attention.

> There are certain people who believe Axis should build against
> the absolute bleeding edge CVS code of our dependencies, which
> are currently log4j and wsdl4j, not against the jar files
> checked in to our tree. I am not one of those people. :-)

Perhaps there are some people confused about the purpose of Gump.  The
purpose of Gump is merely to stimulate exactly these type of discussion
between development teams.  For more details, see
http://jakarta.apache.org/gump/ .

- Sam Ruby