axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Jordahl <t...@macromedia.com>
Subject RE: EJB Provider - IllegalAccessException
Date Tue, 19 Feb 2002 19:33:10 GMT

David,

I made the changes to use the EJBMetaData API to get the interface class.
I tested with Macromedia JRun.

>From my (limited) understanding, EJBMetaData is an interface that the
weblogic class should be implementing, and it shouldn't have access
restrictions on it.

Does Weblogic document some other way to get the interface class?

--
Tom Jordahl
Macromedia

-----Original Message-----
From: David L. Cole [mailto:DLCole@cmsenergy.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 19, 2002 2:10 PM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: EJB Provider - IllegalAccessException

I have been trying to use the default EJBProvider class to access an EJB
object through a service.
I am getting an IllegalAccessException in the EJBProvider class when
testing in the getServiceClass() method
at the line:

Class interfaceClass =   (Class) getRemoteInterfaceClass.invoke(metaData,
empty_object_array);

After some research, I found that the metaData object is actually a
"weblogic.ejb20.internal.EJBMetaDataImpl" object.
(I am using Weblogic 6.1)

This poses a problem in the Weblogic 6.1 implementation as the
EJBMetaDataImpl class has only package access.
Could there be a better way to do this, or another approach to take to get
around this limitation?

Thanks,

David Cole