axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Default type mapping (another attempt)
Date Fri, 22 Feb 2002 15:31:34 GMT
Glen, so then if we change it to <foo xsi:type="java:org.apache.axis.mypackage.MyClass">,
then do you agree it's good to have the "deployment-free" typemapping in Axis?

I'm not sure it's going to interop well with .NET... With the current  <http://my.app.corp.etc>
http://my.app.corp.etc mapping it interops just fine...

Also I thought XML Schema suggests that XML namespaces resemble packages in OO model, aren't
they?
Axis may become too Java centric in its introp if we ignore this, IMO.

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Glen Daniels [mailto:gdaniels@macromedia.com]
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 10:00 AM
To: 'axis-dev@xml.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Default type mapping (another attempt)

-1

I don't think this is the right solution to this.

IMO, we shouldn't map java types to individual namespaces per package, but if we want a "deployment-free"
typemapping (i.e. one where the QName of the type gives us enough info to figure out the java
type), we should go with a syntax like:

<foo xsi:type="java:org.apache.axis.mypackage.MyClass">....

This seems way cleaner to me, and will interoperate, if we do it right, with GLUE and WASP
and other java toolkits which use this pattern.

--Glen