axis-java-dev mailing list archives

From "Sedukhin, Igor" <Igor.Seduk...@ca.com>
Subject RE: Modified WSDDTargetedChain.java
Date Fri, 15 Feb 2002 13:00:01 GMT
Glyn, Chen,

I think it's all good and we don't have to apply the change. Here is why and how to take care
of the original problem correctly.

You're deploying a transport like
<transport name="smtp" pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.smtp.SMTPSender">
Well, you are actually getting a transport with parameters, just that the pivot is not getting
them, because it is a shortened reference instead of a proper handler reference.

Here is how you can solve this
<handler name="mySMTP_Channel" type="java:org.apache.axis.transport.smtp.SMTPSender">
<parameter name="from-address" value="shih-chang_chen@hp.com"/>
</handler>
<transport name="smtp" pivot="mySMTP_Channel">
That'll get you objects with proper parameters.

I also thought it was a bug until I hit this situation myself, but in a little different manner,
so please let me know if this works for you :)...

-- Igor Sedukhin .. (Igor.Sedukhin@ca.com)

-----Original Message-----
From: Glyn Normington [mailto:glyn_normington@uk.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2002 5:02 AM
To: axis-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Modified WSDDTargetedChain.java

I don't know this area of Axis well enough to be sure, but your fix looks plausible. However,
comparing the code in WSDDDeployableItem.makeNewInstance, I wonder if the following line needs
adding just before the new call to setOptions:

pivot.setName(pivotQName.getLocalPart());

On the other hand, a more robust fix would avoid duplicating this code sequence in WSDDDeployableItem
and WSDDTargetedChain, but it's not yet clear to me how to achieve this. Maybe someone else
would care to comment?

Glyn